Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Kangaroo Island Sth Australia

    March 27, 2023 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Woke early this morning as we anchored what seemed fairly close to KI. The waters calm & the morning mild which was an improvement to yesterday in Pt Lincoln.

    No tour was planned so after a leisurely breakfast we decided to wait until most of the ship's organized tours left via Tender, o ce sgai by Tender & just have a relaxing few hours exploring Penneshaw.

    It only took 10min to reach the small Jetty so we made our way to the oval where market stalls were set up selling local KI honey, jewellery, art & craft. The few cafes were busy but the majority of tourists were obviously off on full or half day tours to the wineries, Seal Bay, Emu Bay or the Remarkable Rocks.

    This time we were more than happy for a leisurely stroll along the beach to Frenchman's Rock following the path of the Art Trail cutting back to the oval. Penneshaw now has new Post Office & Information booth, I dropped into the IGA for water, a stop at the hotel for a beer then the short walk back to the Jetty & boat trip to ship.

    Our group of six were all meeting for our last dinner together, & a thank you to our friendly waitress, Rhodora who had supplied our many requests for "two scoops of ice cream on the side" when ordering our desserts each evening.

    Our cases are now packed & final drinks after the show, we retire for the evening before our arrival into Adelaide tomorrow.

    We have enjoyed a great cruise with good company & met some lovely people. It's hard to believe it's 3 weeks since we sailed from Sydney, & now we are almost home again.
    Read more