Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Naxos Day 4/Athens Day 1

    May 16, 2023 in Greece ⋅ ☁️ 25 °C

    Our final day in the Greek islands was a lovely relaxing one. We got up and packed then headed out to Apollo’s Doorway and walked around town before having brunch at ‘Honey and Cinnamon’. The food was delicious and it was the best place to relax and read for an hour. We then picked up our bags and headed to the port to catch the ferry to Athens which was a 4 hour ride.

    We both nearly finished our books! We also got to see some of the other islands we missed out on, as the boat stopped at Mykonos and Syros on the way. We arrived in Athens and caught the metro to our little apartment. It’s a nice little place — but Steve cannot stand up in the tiny kitchen. We arrived around 7:40pm so dropped our bags and went straight out for dinner at a place called Vegananki - it was amazing, we were able to try a vegan moussaka and we also had a wrap. As we walked home we could see so many ancient sites and we were both buzzing to explore Athens and wished we had more time to do everything.

    We booked our first walking tour for tomorrow morning and are ready to explore. So far loving Athens.
    Read more