Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Munich Day 3

    June 20, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Today Tegan had class so Steve went out and wandered the streets. Once Tegan finished class we went and got sandwiches from Planty sandwiches which were delicious 🤤 we headed home to shower and decided to do the Rick Steves Munich walking tour.

    We began in the main square Marienplatz and walked for over 2 hours seeing all the major sites and learning about the history of Munich. We saw St Peter’s Church, Viktualienmarkt, the Jewish synagogue, Asam church, sendlinger Strasse, Kaufingerstrasse, Frauenkirche, Dalayr Delicatessen, Platzl, Hofbrauhaus, Maximilianstrasse, Max John Platz, residenz and landed near the English garden, which is a massive park with a river flowing through it. We walked along the river the saw the artificial surfing area, and then came to the area of the river where people were swimming. We walked a bit further and noticed that lots of people were floating down the river (which moves pretty quickly) and thought it looked like lots of fun but we weren’t completely convinced yet. We kept walking to the Chinese Tower in the middle of the gardens and had a beer, pretzel, and raspberry magnum at the big beer garden and reminisced on our trip.

    Steve then decided he wanted to do the river swim so Tegan waited near the end and Steve went and jumped in the river and floated all the way down. It was surprisingly strong but so much fun. After a long walk home in wet clothes (for Steve) we got ready to go out for dinner but ended up just getting sushi from the place downstairs and it was pretty good.

    We went for a relaxing walk after dinner, just before the storm hit. Our second last full day was a very good one!
    Read more