Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Barcelona Day 5

    April 12, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Woke up feeling slightly hungover but thank goodness we had the best cure - massages at AIRE ancient baths. A friend recommended this place as they have a few locations around the world. It was just the relaxing morning we needed. There were jacuzzis, a steam room, hot tubs, a salt floating bath, and even a cold plunge tub. We enjoyed these for a little before a much needed massage. With all of the walking this was quite perfect timing. After the massage we enjoyed fresh juice and the tubs for a little longer, we were both strong enough to do the cold plunge Molly lasted a few minutes Kyle maybe a few seconds, but it counts!!

    We went back to our room where we decided it’d be a great idea to hand wash our clothes (we thought we’d be able to do laundry at the hotel but it was 5 euro for a pair of underware and 15 for a shirt) safe to say Molly walked straight to the supermercado and grabbed hand washing laundry detergent, a long while later hopefully we’ll have clean clothes.

    Kyle found a cute Italian joint for lunch (this is a big deal as he always takes us to the most interesting places).

    We took a walk down Passeig de Gràcia where they have all of the most famous designer brands. Prada, Hermes, Gucci, Christian Louboutin, Versace, etc. We discovered while a little cheaper still nothing truly worth it aside from a find at Salvatore Ferragamo that was around $160 cheaper for a belt Kyle bought Molly (and returned) a few years back. We also learned the $550 Gucci sunglasses Kyle wanted in the USA were only 60 Euro at the local Gucci outlet, we were upset to find out it was over 45 minutes away and closing soon. We are going to try for the outlets in Madrid.

    We enjoyed a sunset on our rooftop one last time before going to dinner. We chose a Chinese restaurant and it was actually very good! We needed a break today from tapas (don’t be fooled we are still not sick of patatas bravas.)
    Read more