Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    New York

    October 27, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Annnnnd New York has saved America.

    We have had a bloody good day.

    We got up and went to go to the Natural History museum - we had to walk through Central Park to get there - bloody beautiful.
    It’s autumn so the leaves are all different colours, and falling off, everyone is rugged up a bit.
    Loved seeing people just walking their dogs or riding their bikes.
    Walked past the carousel and other spots that just look so familiar cause they are in every movie/tv show.
    Love the little ice cream stands about.

    Museum had a great entrance with dinosaurs. We paid a couple dollars extra per ticket to get access to the planetarium show in the dome.
    We first walked through lots of taxidermy animals which was cool but not overly interesting because they weren’t exotic animals it was like zebra and lions and stuff.
    We then walked through a bunch of different cultural exhibits like Africa, Inca, America Indian etc.
    We found Dum Dum from night at the museum. Even Will got a photo 😆
    I like the exhibits most that have little figurines depicting scenes.
    Also found a lot of pornographic kettles and what not. There was an Inca flute of people having anal.
    Felt like I was on a school excursion again calling Will over to have a look hahah.
    The South America sculptures were my clear fave.

    We then went to the planetarium show.
    So cool.
    My pony tail was in the exact wrong spot for lookin up at the ceiling lol.
    It also put me to sleep. I had maybe 4 micro naps. Cold not keep eyes open.
    Immediately woke up once show was over.
    Neat trick should put a projector on my ceiling.

    The show was awesome. It just showed us other planets in our solar system and climates there.
    Loved it.

    We then went up to the dinosaur exhibits.
    Clear favorite for me.
    So many!!
    Loved the T Rex. Loved all of them actually.
    There was a complete triceratops Skelton for sale recently and if I were a mega millionaire it is absolutely something I could justify buying and putting in my lounge room.

    I thought it was interesting that T Rex is the most famous but apparently a rare dinosaur. They only have bits from about 15.
    Google search reckons 32. Don’t know which one to trust lol. Either way not overwhelming amounts from a perceived “common” dinosaur.

    I also like exhibits where they literally only have one bone or a head and they just make up the entire body. 😆

    We then went through other skeleton section of massive turtles, wooly mammoths etc.

    We then did more taxidermy exhibits. The painted backgrounds are wonderful.
    Got the shits and how the donors are labeled “Mr and Mrs Bob Williams.”
    Women, give up your last name and you will also lose your first 🙃👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
    Literally no identity. Pisses me right off.

    Anyway.

    Left.
    Walked back through the park and decided to go to a Applebees. Decent food actually. I got. Strawberry, almond and chicken salad with balsamic glaze. Seemed random but I liked all ingredients so had a try.
    Nice.

    We then walked to Rockefeller centre. Underwhelmed to say the least. It was cool to see them setting up the ice rink but it was so much smaller than I expected. Im baffled where they even fit the tree?

    On we went to find the national library which ended up being a delightful surprise. I just wanted to pop in to the foyer to see Winnie the Poo toys but the building itself ended up being beautiful. We walked up a few levels and found people studying in massive rooms with beautiful ceilings.

    Went hunting for Poo and found an entire exhibition it was apart of that had such important and significant historical stuff like a handwritten copy of the Declaration of Independence, the bill of rights, Shakespearean first folio, Virginia Woolfs walking stick, Charles dickens writing desk and chair, the first printing of King James Bible, and of course Winnie the Poo and friends! 💕
    I would have actually paid for entry but it was free. Yewww.
    We then headed to hotel cause everyone had arrived and met them at the bar.
    My hug with everyone was so good. Long and tight especially with Helen snd George. We spent a long time just chatting before heading to a diner Helen suggested. I got the noodle soup on her recommendation from 12 years ago. Didn’t rate it but was only $12 so I’ll let it slide.
    $30 and her and I would be having some words hahahah.
    More talking.
    Back to the hotel for more talking. A lot was just explaining to each other how each other’s countries work. 😅
    Helen got us coasters from Lichtenstein as a present and George got us chocolate covered blueberries, maple syrup, jam and honey. 🤤🤤🤤

    we didn’t get them anything and we feel bad 😬

    Meeting them all in the foyer at 8am to go to Empire State Building.

    At the diner there were plaques all around of famous people who have been - Matt Damon, Paul McCartney, Ricki Martin, Jennifer Love Hewitt etc.
    Apparently The university of Texas cheerleaders have also attended….. cause they are in the same league…

    Currently eating the blueberries and they are so gooooooood.
    Read more