Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 89

    Hollywood

    May 18, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    With over 12 hours lay over in LAX we had to wander out or risk becoming crazy. After a saga of trying to get to somewhere that stores luggage (after 9/11 no luggage storage in airports), we caught the bus to see Hollywood.

    Getting off on Hollywood and Vine the stars had already started down the walk of fame, and I had fun spotting the famous and Welsh stars. Part of Hollywood was cordened off by the famous Dolby cinema (the one with the oscars) as the American premier for Pirates of the Caribbean was in the evening. Unfortunately we were to early for any of the stars, but it was fun to duck between the absolute nutters dressed in pirate costumes. Some had put a lot of effort in, with real life sized stuffed parrots on their shoulders, and a lot of eyeliner.

    We took pictures at the chinese theatre and compared shoe sizes with the film stars before heading to the back of the complex to grab site of the famous sign on the hill. While fun to see it and tick it off the list it was a bit underwhelming. Leaving the US behind after watching a fair few people being shouted at US security its Fiji time!
    Read more