Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    ATHENS/CORINTH/NAUPLIA

    October 4, 2021 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    Got a splendid nights sleep, up early to re-pack...leaving hotel to other parts of Greece.
    After breakfast on to our tour.
    Started with a Athens tour of the city. We had a super city guide named Nina. Finished at the famous Acropolis. A glorious Greek Autumn day.

    Left Athens around 11:45 am and headed north along the coast. Entered a nexus point and stopped to see the Corinth Canal (a engineering marvel of human proportions/a 89 meters high by 70 ft. Wide by 4 miles from sea to sea. No gates or locks.. sea level is the same. into mountain which connects the Ionian to Aegean sea!

    Followed the road west into beautiful Mediterranean landscapes for about another hour. Came into a bay and city called Nauplia. I am in love!...browsed the city streets and found a marvelous cigar and pipe shop. Stocked up on my favorites and we'll priced. Then Celina and I shopped and bought a few things.

    Tour group met at 5:30 for dinner but first took a sunset cruise hugging the shore. Showing Nauplia from a bay view..Then to a marvelous outdoor bistro.
    Meal was Fantastic. More shopping, then vegan gelato.

    Into my room and my balcony enjoying a lush cigar.
    This is a city I can come back too..absolutely .
    Read more