Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 15

    We ❤ Venice

    22 juli 2022, Italië ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Gliding over the causeway into and out of Venice is like being in the Spirited Away film (Studio Gibli 2001). The silence is broken by a mandatory mask wearing tanoy notice. If we don't have a mask we will be reported to the authorities and asked to leave at the next available station.

    We're travelling up to Verona Porta Nuova on the 08.10am train. It was a struggle getting up at 6 30 after 3 full days of relaxation. Venice is so hot and busy but setting off at that time meant we avoioded the heat and the crowds.

    We were lucky enough to have an Airbnb apartment just off Campo Santa Maria Formosa. We could see the bustle of life in the streets below. For three days we felt like we lived there: swaning around parquet wooden flooring opening and closing full length windows to let in the sounds of church bells tolling and random accordion music playing. One bedroom was three times bigger then the first dorm we had in Paris!

    Tourist's use their phones to navigate their way through the never-ending labyrinth of alleys, which is a shame as it takes away the fun of getting lost and navigating yourself, using different signs like: brick arches and door knockers as markers. Still google maps was useful for the 30 minute walk this morning to Saint Lucia station. Stanley is good at navigating and both have youth and energy on their side to stride. I have the perimenopause on my side which equals no energy at times and lots of sweating everywhere.

    Stanley hot spots' my phone to his and we download train tickets to Venice St. Lucia to Verona Porta Nuova then Verona to Innsbruck and from there Innsbruck to Strazburg arriving at 6pm.

    It's Friday and the train is full of business people chatting on their phones wearing jeans and linen shirts, it might be 'dress down' Friday at work?
    Meer informatie