Wine tasting dayJanuary 7 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C
Picked up some bikes from the campsite and started our cycle wine tour.
1) Fromm. Pretty average wines all round really. None of us liked any of them. Not a great start. And expensive $10 to $15 tasting.
2) Villa Maria. Very tasty and free! A great Scottish lady gave us a tasting whilst reminiscing about the UK.
3) Allan Scott. Reasonably nice wines. The one we all liked was a ginger dessert wine. $5 to taste 3 but some extras were thrown in too.
4) Whitehaven for food and tasting $5. Not bad wines, but nothing mega which stood out.
5) Cycled quickly to our last spot. Framingham. Free tasting for 3 wines. All were reasonably nice.
Villa Maria was definitely the winner.
Back at the campsite we played Uno and had some Halumi burgers, with a small amount of Jamiesons to finish it all off.Read more