Ban Chaweng Yai

Here you’ll find travel reports about Ban Chaweng Yai. Discover travel destinations in Thailand of travelers writing a travel blog on FindPenguins.

16 travelers at this place:

  • Day22

    Tag 21 - Mal wieder an den Strand

    April 22 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    So langsam werd ich (Alexander) auch wieder gesund und bin in der Lage einen Fuß vor die Tür zu setzen und was gibt es da entspannenderes als den Strand🏖

    Neben den ganzen Tüchern, Klamotten und anderen Sachen, die uns die „Strandhändler“ versuchen zu verkaufen, kommen auch ab und zu welche mit Tieren vorbei. Echsen aller Art und unter anderem auch ein kleiner Babyaffe, mit denen man sich gegen ein Trinkgeld fotografieren lassen kann🦎
    Und natürlich haben wir auch einen neuen Hund gefunden, der sich auch direkt zu uns gelegt hat.
    Read more

  • Day5

    To Koh Samui

    January 2 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    A little fresher this morning but bright and sunny for our final breakfast by the pool. It’s a shame to be leaving such a lovely spot. We just had time for Janet to visit the big temple complex opposite Poppy’s and see the Buddha that has been covered with gold leaf and the reclining Buddha.
    Our taxi driver was pessimistic about the traffic, but it only took us ten minutes to get to the airport. Bag drop etc were easy and the flight left on time. Once again Bangkok Airways service was excellent.
    Landing over the beach the airport was reminiscent of Maui. A short transfer and we were installed in our very well equipped chalet room. I write this reclining on the balcony listening to the birdsongs with Shanghi beer in hand while the sun sets.
    Our attempts to book a boat trip tomorrow scuppered by poor weather forecast as a storm is due.
    Read more

  • Day6

    Preparing for Pabuk

    January 3 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 26 °C

    Unable to do anything water based, after breakfast by the beach we took an uninspiring walk down the road to Chaweng Beach, had coffee and walked back.
    The infinity pool was a better option, cooling us down, then a lazy afternoon on the beach, painting and reading. This evening our meal at the Larder, was a little more upmarket, and delicious, 50m across the street.
    Returning we are advised breakfast tomorrow has been moved from the beach due to impending tropical storm Pabuk the first at this time of year fir 68 years. If the Daily Mirror is to be believed, the Island is evacuating. We will see.
    Read more

  • Day4


    February 22 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We woke up before our alarms today and headed down to breakfast, met up with Mum, Mark, Andrew and Vicky and their 2 little ones. The buffet breakfast has your typical stuff but also a bunch of curries and stir fries, so weird to think of that for breakfast.
    We then got ourselves ready and headed to the lobby, Mum went with Mark to the dentist, he had an appointment yesterday and back today to possibly have some teeth pulled. The other 6 of us headed for Chaweng, got ourselves and cab in and made sure we agreed on the price before we left. Chaweng is so full on! You can tell it's the main strip from all of the wires overhead haha. The Thai people are so genuinely lovely, they all asked if we wanted to go in for a massage or cab or whatever they sell, but when you say 'no thanks', they're so nice about it. They're also really interested in the kids, so sweet with them and giving them highfives. We wandered down the main road popping in and out of shops, then we found a shopping centre which is clearly for tourists, open air but westfield style. We were in there for a bit and the kids had a play then we headed back up the street for a truly Thai inspired lunch.. at Hardrock cafe. It was hot okay! And it had amazing aircon. Haha! Anyway, we had burgers and some cocktails. Heard from mum who said Mark had 7 teeth out! Insane!
    We went for another wander, had a few drinks at the Irish pub before heading back to the resort. More cocktails in the pool and a swim for a few hours. We were meant to be heading out with all of the wedding guests for dinner but with the groom's sore head and apparently a lot of other sore heads from the night before we just stayed at the resort. Freshened up before going to the lobby bar for more drinks and a feed.
    Read more

  • Day20

    Was für ein letzter Tag!!

    September 20 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Der letzte Tag neigt sich langsam aber sicher dem Ende zu. Ich sitze im „Wan Dee“, ein tolles Restaurant welches mir Freunde empfohlen haben. Etwas ausserhalb des Zentrums. Wenig bekannt bei Touristen.

    Als ich heute aufgewacht bin wusste ich, was vor mir stehen wird. Ich habe die Nacht schlecht geschlafen und war extrem aufgeregt und nervös.

    Ich habe mir das ganze bereits vor meinem Urlaub geplant und gut durch den Kopg gehen lassen. Denn schliesslich ist es etwas, was man nachher sehr, sehr lange hat. Verschiede Erfahrungsberichte habe ich gelesen und mich wirklich gut im Vorfeld darüber informiert. Wie ist das Studio? Wie der Künstler? Wie die Hygienischen Standards? Genau. Die Rede ist von meinem 1. Tattoo!😍😍

    Viele sagen, sich in Thailand tättowieren zu lassen sei keine gute Idee. Zumal dann der Strandurlaub und das „Sönnele“ vorbei ist, andersrum auch bez. der Hygiene. Aufgrund der Sonne habe ich mich entschieden, es am letzten Tag zu machen.

    Wichtig ist, dass man sich das Studio gut und genau ansieht! Wird bei jedem Kunde eine neue Nadel verwendet? Wie arbeiten die Künstler? Ist alles steril? All das habe ich gemacht, mehrmals. Das Motiv stand allerdings schon lange vor meinem Urlaub fest.

    Ich habe in Koh Samui ein super Studio gefunden. Tolle Künstler mit tollen Arbeiten. Sowie hat mich der Tättowierer vorher mehrmals persönlich beraten! Super hygienisch. Ich fühlte mich wohl und hatte keine Bedenken. Wenn ihr mal vor Ort seid, kann ich empfehlen: Powerbear Tattoo Koh Samui. Direkt im Zentrum von Chaweng.

    Und dann kam der Tag. Ich war tierisch nervös. Wusste nicht was mich erwartet, da es mein 1. Tattoo ist. Ich kam ins Studio und der Tättowierer war super zuvorkommend. Er legte Disco Sound auf aus den 80 er und 90 er und legte los.

    Nach gut 40-45 Minuten war er fertig. Und ich war hell begeistert! Dieses Gefühl wenn es fertig ist, ist unbeschreiblich! Wauw!!

    Ich habe mich für ein Motiv entschieden, welches meine grosse Leidenschaft, das Reisen, wiederspiegeln sollte. Und das ist das Ergebnis. Ich finde es sehr gelungen und ich bin richtig glücklich damit!!😍
    Danke Powerbear Tattoo für diese super abgelieferte Arbeit!! Es ist unglaublich schön!😍

    Der letzte Tag und ein Souvenier der etwas anderen Art was ich nach Hause nehme. Was für ein Tag, was für ein Abschluss!😃

    Nach dem Essen gibt es ein Abschlussbier in der Pride Bar🍻. Doch heute geht es früh ins Bett. Denn mein Flieger nach Bangkok geht morgen um 09:20 Uhr und das Taxi ist auf 07:00 bestellt. Es geht langsam dem Ende zu... Leider. Doch zuerst geniesse ich den letzten Abend!☺️

    Ein toller Tag!!😍🎉
    Read more

  • Day7


    January 4 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    Relocated breakfast was very good in the conference room with dressed tables. Although it had rained in the night it didn’t seem too heavy nor windy for those of us used to Portland Bill! There wasn’t much to be done though and during the morning the storm intensified with water getting in from all round. I managed a session in the gym-not normal holiday activity and we had fortunately laid in some supplies for lunch. After we ventured to the lobby to reply to emails and took a short walk towards the beach until we were warned to turn back as the waves could be seen crashing in and a storm surge possible. Fortunately we are quite high up.
    The worst of the weather is forecast for three hours time and the hotel has organised a special buffet in the hotel conference room this evening.
    No flights or ferries have run today and the storm is featuring on BBC World News.
    We nipped across the road for a Thai curry amid the downpours-very good it was too.
    Read more

  • Day2

    Made it to Koh Samui

    February 20 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Tried to do a quick post last night, but the Wi-Fi was playing up.
    The flights were good, food too actually. Just watched a bunch of movies and did some puzzles on the way over. With the delay we weren't in Singapore very long at all, barely looked around with the timing. It was kinda perfect really, not rushed at all but we didn't get bored killing time either. We got another feed on the flight to Koh Samui and I was pretty tired and cranky by this point so luckily it was quick and easy getting through security, it seemed weirdly quick to be honest, maybe 10 minutes if that? Headed up to the meeting point where the resort staff were waiting for us with our name on their iPad. Jumped in the mini van and DAMN it was fancy, aircon was pumping and the chairs were like massage chairs, amazing. It only took 5 minutes to get to the resort where we filled out a few forms and had our welcome drink. The resort is very beautiful from what we could see last night, we checked in around 9:30pm local time. The Wi-Fi is a bit dodgy in our room, which is a bugger but I don't think we'll bother getting a SIM card. Had a big sleep last night, Ben has actually gone back to sleep this morning which I might too for a bit before we go have a look around the resort. Mum is due in today and some cousins tonight, there are also welcome drinks with the wedding people tonight at the resort, that should be nice.Read more

  • Day8

    11. Casa De Mar hotel

    June 23 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 30 °C

    Ferried to koh samui and booked in to Casa De Mar on the northern end of chaweng Beach.
    Nice hotel but a bit far from chaweng main area. Hired a scooter.
    Embarrassed to say that after 2 weeks in Thailand we were craving burgers and headed for Mc Ds.
    In the evening had massages and then dropped Charne at night food market. Not worth going to so to supper at A&Bs. Nothing remarkableRead more

  • Day6

    Jungle Tour

    February 24 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    Happy Birthday Dad!
    We were booked in for day tour today. Got up for breakfast before heading to the lobby to wait for our ride. A big land rover showed up and off we went. We cruised around the island and had our first stop near Lamai at grandmother and grandfather rocks. There were a bunch of local shops around, tried some of the food and got some coconut ice cream, so tasty. There were 5 utes that were crusing around together.
    We jumped back in with our driver, Palm, and headed to a temple where there is a mummified monk, but when the kids asked, it was just a statue ;) very interesting. If ladies were wearing singlets we were given a wrap to cover our shoulders, this one woman who was wearing a strapless top, just wrapped it around her waist like a towel or sarong. They were trying to explain to her why, she understood, she was just being a dick, didn't want to ruin her outfit for pictures apparently, ugh! They sorted her out though.
    Next was a waterfall, we had a quick stop before heading up the mountain to see if anyone wanted to ride on top of the Ute, Ben and I were straight up there, it was so much fun! The waterfall was beautiful and there was a giant waterslide into one of the pools, we were thinking about it until one girl flew down and absolutely smashed herself into the water, at the end of the slide it was about a meter and half drop and the slide itself was very sleep. She was red raw and after Palm told us ladies to 'be careful of your bottom' and the men to 'be careful of your baby elephant', we decided not to do the slide.
    More cruising around before stopping off at a zipline, we were umming and ahhing, well, I was, Ben definitely wasn't haha. I figured bugger it, let's do it! Because we were on a tour, it was just a quick one with 4 legs and a wobble bridge at the end. As I was getting ready, little Christopher really wanted to do it too, so Vicky tried to call his bluff and told him to go ask the man (he is 5 and petrified of heights, but Luke is 3 and has no fear). Well, the fella started strapping him up ready to go, then Luke saw and couldn't miss out. They were so brave! So impressed with them! They got to do 2 legs and they looooved it. I did too of course, but going with them for a bit and seeing how excited they were, was the absolute highlight.
    Lunch was next on top of the mountain, we weren't really sure what they were saying, but the food was amazing and the view was unreal! Got a bunch of photos and went through some more 4wding tracks through the mountains before our stop at the Magic Buddha Garden. It was created over one man's life and represents the Buddhist way and beliefs, it was really beautiful and interesting.
    Finally we were off to a rubber plantation and the Big Buddha on the mountain with a few more temples. Palm gave us a demonstration of how the rubber plantations works and how they get it off the trees, it was so bizarre. He threw in a few jokes about condoms of course, such a funny bloke. More looking around, there was Durian to try, as they put it, smells like hell but tastes like heaven. It's the stinkiest food item there is apparently, sooo bad. There are so many signs around the island saying that people will be fined if they bring it into populated areas. One of the other drivers was hassling ladies with 'something', he came up to me expecting a scream I think and he had a big spider in his hands, I took it and had a hold, he said something about 'must be Aussie', haha!
    We wrapped up the day there with some group photos and cruised back down to town. Got back later than expected but that was okay, went for a swim and had a few cocktails before grabbing a feed. Vicky and I are heading to the Elephant Sanctuary in the morning tomorrow, while Andrew and Ben have the kids. Thinking we'll go to the Jungle Club tomorrow night before heading home on Tuesday, it's meant to be amazing at sunset. Will let you know x
    Read more

  • Day2

    Resort day

    February 20 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    So we eventually got ourselves up and moving. It's hard to get hold of everyone with the dodgy Wi-Fi so that is a little annoying. We went for a wander through the resort, now it's on quite a hill, so beautiful! But a damn hill. So we worked our way down past the few pools, restaurants, spa, gym etc, right down to the big restaurant and beach just to get a feel of things. The way back up was not so fun, but we did find out later that you can call for a golf buggy and they'll take you back up, wish we knew that earlier.
    We popped our swimmers on and headed for the pool. It was amazing! Had some lunch and took advantage of their 1pm happy hour.. for a few hours. I flogged Ben in connect 4 at the pool bar, at the start at least, we won't talk about the last few games. We're both a little pink but no major sunburn. Back to the room to freshen up and head down to the welcome cocktail party that the resort puts on on Wednesdays. Had some free, delicious cocktails and canapes while listening to some music. When the bride came down she told us that the groom had a little mishap on his bucks today, he tried to do a flip off a boat but instead smashed his head on the edge and needed stitches. Uncle Steve (the father in law), went with him in the 'ambulance', it had sirens absolutely blaring and the lights going, but they were basically in the back of a ute that had a canopy on the tray. They got back after dinner, so we'll see how he's going tomorrow. Dinner was great, pad Thai for Ben and massaman curry for me. They had a fire show on which was also amazing. Pretty tired again tonight, heading into Chawang tomorrow morning for a bit, it's meant to be all hustle and bustle, should be interesting!
    Read more

You might also know this place by the following names:

Ban Chaweng Yai, บ้านเฉวงใหญ่

Join us:

FindPenguins for iOS FindPenguins for Android

Sign up now