Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Cable cars and penguins

    November 25, 2016 in South Africa ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    After watching a spectacular sunrise over Table Mountain while having a coffee, it was off to the cable cars. The ride up was mesmerising, with the views from the top even better! The weather was perfect and we were able to see all the way to Cape Point and the Stellenbosch mountains. Interesting fact, it is believed by geologists that Table Mountain is probably the oldest mountain on earth, being 6 times older than the Himalayas.

    After that we went for a nice brekkie at Knead on Kloof Street. We decided to make a trip around Chapman's Peak and headed over to Boulders Beach to see the world famous penguin site. It was about this time that Laura started feeling a little queasy as well. We got a couple of photographs and decided to head back home to relax a bit for the afternoon. On the way back Laura started getting really sick and it seemed like she now had exactly what I had a day before. The ride back wasn't pleasant for her to say the least, and we ended up cancelling our fine dining dinner plans in favour of just staying in and recuperating from the jet lag and now officially stomach bugs for both of us.

    Hopefully tomorrow we will both be energetic enough to go for our much anticipated run along the promenade.

    - Chris
    Read more