Arthur Circus

Discover travel destinations of travelers writing a travel journal on FindPenguins.
Travelers at this place
    • Day 4

      Melbourne und Ankunft in Hobart

      February 4 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

      Ich werde heute morgen fast von alleine um 6.30h wach. Die Dame über mir hat sehr geschnarcht :)))
      So habe ich etwas Zeit um wach zu werden. Dann mache ich mich in Ruhe fertig und bringe mein Rucksack in ein Schließfach. So habe ich die Möglichkeit in Ruhe die Stadt zu erkunden ohne 2 Rucksäcke mit mir rum zu schleppen. Zum Glück ist ein Schließfach an der Haltestelle wo ich Richtung Flughafen starte. Von dort mach ich einen entspannten Spaziergang und lasse mich dabei in einem alternativen Café nieder. Es gibt einen leckere heiße Schokolade, ein Stück mit Erdbeeren gefüllt und ein Stück Kuchen. Sehr lecker!! Nun bin gestärkt für meine 3 Stündige Free - walking Tour durch Melbourne.
      Die Walking Tour war super interessant. Ein Glück ist es trocken geblieben, während der Tour. Ich habe nicht alles verstanden, da der Guide sehr schnell gesprochen hat, aber wenigstens ein bisschen. Hatte nette Gespräche mit anderen Menschen. Diese kamen aus Neuseeland, England, Niederlande und eigene aus Deutschland.
      Anschließend ging es zum Flughafen von Melbourne um nach Hobart zu fliegen.

      In Hobart angekommen bin ich mit dem Auto zur Unterkunft, eine ganz schöne Herausforderung. Linksfahren, Fremde Stadt und das Navi funktioniert nicht richtig.
      Da nun mein Magen knurrte bis über alle Berge musste ich nun zusehen, das ich los komme. Ich habe mich in die Stadt gemacht. In einer sehr interessanten Niederlassung gab es Pizza. Zu guter Letzt musste ich noch etwas einkaufen. Hier schmeckt das Wasser super ekelig und was zu Essen für morgen brauchte ich auch. Wie durch ein Wunder habe ich alles bekommen und gibt es die wohlverdiente Bettruhe:))
      Read more

    • Day 118

      Goodbye and Hello

      January 20 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

      Once we finished the art gallery we went to the Rocks museum. It was interesting but not great. It wasnt bad but it was detailing the history of the aboriginals and the inital slaughter the british settlers committed on them.

      Now I understand it is important to learn about, and definitely should be something spoken about and addressed. But it is everywhere. The Rocks is a special location because it was the landing site and the main base of many protests over the years. So I'm glad I went, but I am sort of sick of it all. It should be spoken about, but hear versions of the same tragic story everywhere is a lot.

      From there it was a quick climb over to the Harbour Bridge. This thing has the best view of the opera house and harbour. It was a little overcast but still easy to see everything.

      Moni and I saw some of the people climbing in a managed to just about get a photo of them. If I had $350 I'd do it, but I'd still be terrified the entire way.

      From there we headed down to the harbour and sat and watched the ship for a bit. According to the internet they were supposed to leave the harbour at 4pm, but by 6,30 we were bored of waiting. We were curious to see how it exited the harbour. Being so long it could not rotate like the other boats could. So our options were a careful reverse back, trying not the hit the bridge and then moving forward trying not to hit the Opera House. Or reversing all the way around into the wider part and turning there. Unfortunately we may never know.

      After that we headed back to the hostel. I had intention to go straight to bed as I had to be up at 3am but fate spoke otherwise. I had to repack my back so Moni joined me in my room to do so. There we got to talking with one of the other girls in the room, then more returned and then it was 11pm and I was still up.

      Said a final goodbye to Moni and promised to visit her in Melbourne in a few months. Then went to sleep. Or tried too.

      Woke up again at 3am, I cannot have slept much more than 2hrs. Grabbed all of my stuff and checked out. My taxi dropped me off at the airport, expensive but I did not want to get the train/bus that early alone in Sydney. The idea gave me the ick. Got through bag drop and security and realised I had left my portable charger in my hostel room. Genuinely thought I was going to punch a wall as my phone was running seriously low and my phone charger was attached to the portable charger. Thankfully my ipad was still in my bag and I used it to book my bus from the airport.

      Flight was super simple, I slept for the most part. I was stuck next to a dad and child, with mum and child across the isle. That wasnt great, the kids kept waking me. But I slept as much as possible.

      Arrived in Hobart safely and enjoyed the very easy bus shuttle. Hopped off a street from my hostel and went to beg the receptionist to look after my bag.

      Now when I tell you I love this woman, it is with full sincerity. She not only gave me a phone charger they had extra, she also checked me in. It was 9am! She let me go to my room and told me to just pick a bed and move the bedding if it wasnt clean. She told me to come back once I had slept and she'd give me the talk then. Genuinely love this woman. I didnt end up sleeping but just being able to lie down in silence and close my eyes. Blissful and much needed.

      I dragged myself out of bed at around 11am and felt a thousand times better. Went on a shop, RIP to my bank account cause that was painful. But my shoes were no good, my leggings had multiple holes and I needed something for the colder weather. Plus a new portable charger. All in all, I am broke, but it was necessary.

      Then went for a walk around the harbour and went to my interview. I got the job working as a waitress in a seafood restaurant. It isnf ideal hours but I can afford it for the next month and I want to stay in Hobart so I'll be here for a while. There is lots I want to explore and I am going to probably get a second job just to give me a few extra hours. 20-30 is enough but I am funding until May/June, so need some more!
      Read more

    • Day 37

      Auf nach Tasmanien - Hauptstadt Hobart

      February 17, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

      Melly und ich fliegen mit unterschiedlichen Fliegern um ca. 08:00 Uhr (meiner geht 30 Minuten später) von Melbourne nach Tasmanien wo wir die nächsten Tage verbringen werden.

      In Hobart am Flughafen können wir unseren neuen Van für die nächsten Tage abholen... Welche Überraschung, es war optisch genau der gleiche Van wie wir bereits die letzten Tage hatten.

      Zum einkaufen besuchten wie den Bauernmarkt in Hobart.
      Read more

    • Day 46

      Sea sparkle & Australische Tiere bisher

      February 26, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

      Heute ist unser letzter Tag in Tasmanein, leider ist dieser zumindest zu Beginn etwas verregnet.

      Heute Nachmittag geht es für uns schon etwas früher zum Campingplatz da wir auf einem Campingplatz sind, der als Besonderheit eigene Tasmanische Teufel hat und diese immer zu einer bestimmten Zeit gefüttert werden.

      Abends haben wir uns wie auch bereits am Vortag nochmals aufgemacht um Sea sparkle zu sehen - was Gottseidank auch klappte.
      Soetwas unglaubliches habe ich bisher noch nicht gesehen!
      Read more

    • Day 1

      4 October 2023

      October 4 in Australia ⋅ 🌩️ 12 °C

      We flew into Hobart in the morning and the weather was a bit dreary and wet. we decided to head off to Richmond to explore and have lunch at Czeg. So lovely to see everything in bloom since it was spring. Of course we had to end the day at our favourite Italian, Don Camillo.Read more

    • Day 6

      Erste Eindrücke aus Hobart

      November 15, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

      Nachdem wir jetzt unser Schlafdefizit wieder etwas aufgearbeitet haben, ging es erst mal durch Hobart auf Erkundungsreise.

    You might also know this place by the following names:

    Arthur Circus

    Join us:

    FindPenguins for iOSFindPenguins for Android