A beautiful day in the neighborhood...March 14 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C
From all our posts to date, you're forgiven if you think we've been living in a cave and haven't heard of the coronavirus. Nothing but adventures, golf, gorgeous beaches, great weather. Not a worry in the world!
Well...not so much. We've probably been reading way more internet news than we should be on holiday down here. And today we spent the whole morning connecting with home, reading the updates and deciding whether a change in travel plans was warranted to get home earlier. After much to and fro-ing, for now we're sticking to our original plan to fly home March 25. With an additional 2 week stay-cation once we get there. Risk is low here (currently 5 cases in NZ). If Canada closes its borders to NZ flights - they'll have to get us home somehow, eventually. There are worse places to be 'stuck' in.
With that decision made, we can now be in the moment - and enjoy this gorgeous country. So that we did - off on our bikes, into the Mount; walk around the mount, then ride to our local brewery for refreshment. With all going on in the world around us, we appreciate how lucky we are!Read more