Crossing boarder to TurkeyAugust 22, 2018 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C
Bye Bulgaria! See you hopefully soon. After a long and hard ride up the hills (all day 107km and 1.950m height!!!!!) trough the dense Bulgarian forest with again - a lot of flies - we arrived in Malko Tarnovo.
It's a sleepy, lovely town with decreasing population next to the Turkish boarder. We eat the last Shopska salad while talking to a nice Finnish guy. He was a happy to have a small break from his Bulgarian wife's family ;) The boarder control takes only 5 minutes and we are in Turkey!
- No flies, no forest
- Awesome streets, broad, straight, no holes
- Car drivers greet a lot
- New max speed Wi: 78km/h
- A shepherd gives us fresh berries from Rhus Coriaria bush
- We have a coffee and a cake for less than one Euro
- Hear the first calls for prayer by the nearby mosque
- unpronounceable language: teşekür ederim = thank you
We are looking forward!Read more